• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit BE6-II Rev.1.2 identification surprise!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Celemine1Gig

Hi,

I just got an Abit BE6-II Rev.1.2 which is basically the same as the BE6-II V.2.0 Raid.
Well I took a look(what a rime;-) at the board and I noticed that there was a sticker on the PCB where normaly "Abit BE6-II" is printed onto the PCB. The sticker covered the area where normally the "BE6-II" would be and on the sticker it also said "BE6-II", but it looked quite strange.

Then finally, I was so curious to see what was underneeth the sticker, that I just removed it and guess what, "BF6" was printed there on the board :D :D :D

I knew that Abit used the same PCB for all the BF6 and BE6-II boards, but I didn't expect them to just take a BF6, because I assume all the BE6-II PCBs were gone, and make an BE6-II Rev.1.2 with UDMA100 Raid controller out of it.;)

That's really cool, because I already owned a BF6 and always wondered if it really was the exact same PCB as the BE6-II.:eek:

Regards

Ingo

Yeah I have the same board, it makes perfect sense. If you look at the bf6 you will see the silkscreen for the highpoint, it was always obvious to me that they are the same pcb. It wouldn't make sense to change that great design. Only thing that ****es me off is the missing pci slot on the be6-2 1.2. All the solder is there, I'd say it a pci slot could be added to it, but you would get conflicts with the highpoint controller. But they didn't remove a pci on the kt7-a raid, so maybe they were just playing it safe with the be6-2. You can flash your bios to the be6-2 2.0 bios btw.

I know about flashing the BE6-II V.2.0 Raid bios. I bought the BE6-II Rev.1.2, just because I knew I could turn it into a BE6-II V.2.0 just by flashing the new BIOS!

But thanks anyway!

Regards

Ingo;)

Back