• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Auto detect DIMM/PCI clk - Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Palves

Registered
My RD2 Pro PC Geiger will not work. I have to disable "Auto detect DIMM/PCI CLK" in Bios. But my Bios do not show this item.
Have tryed to change the default Bios settings with Modbin, but only get "Checksum error". Anyone with same problem that have a solution?

Regards
Petter Alvestad
Norway

I'm bumping this 'cause I've got the exact same problem. The Gieger worked fine on my IWill KK266-R but only works for 2 or 3 seconds on power-up of the Abit TH7-II.
I've not tried customizing the BIOS yet and am reluctant to do so until I get one of those BIOS saviour kits.
Anyone know if this setting is available in one of Mr N's modded BIOS files for the TH7-II?

I've tried using modbin6.exe to edit the BIOS file (version 7C) and the option 'Auto detect DIMM/PCI CLK' is not even listed. I double checked the IWill board's BIOS file and the option is listed but is set as not visible in BIOS screen and disabled by default. If this setting were enabled by default then the Geiger display wouldn't have worked on the IWill either.
Does anyone know why this setting is not available for editing in the TH7-II BIOS? If I can't find a solution to this then the PC Geiger is useless for this board.

Back