• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ddr600??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Simply put, no

But if you were rich like Bill Gates and contracted a mem manufacturer to make it custom with like 3.3ns samsung chips, yeah, but for us commoners, it aint gonna happen anytime soon

Indeed no retail stick will run at that speed. Probably the first taste of memory bandwidth of that magnitude will be using the dual channel DDR chipsets due out later this year/early next year from Via and Intel.

Geoff

Videocards have that speed on memory, so it should be possible to obtain a stick if you have the money.

Penguin4x4 said:
Oops, what i meant was is there any DDR sticks out there that will overclock to DDR600?

You never know, just gotta try em all to find out.
btw i think that you need tiny bga chips to reach those speeds.
Kingmax then.
to be serious, there are no such chips available.
Maybe some chip maker has some testing modules but they are shifting to dual-ddr right(?) so thats not very likley either
;)

Give up and end this thread now

maybe with small peltiers on each chip :)
but then you will have another problem,
the mainboard, I think no mainbord is available that supports 300 mhz in the bios, maybe with a custom pll

but then again I think your mainboard will blow if you tried it at 300 mhz :)

Back