• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 stick of 512 MB PC2700 or 2 of 256 MB PC2700

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CaineTanathos

Registered
Hi I was wondering which will be fastest,

Dunno which brand eather. I was thinking about samsung or apacer

my mainboard that will use it , will be a Abit IT7

First: Kingston, Crucial, or Corsair

Second: 1 Stick is faster. Its the same thing as running single or dual proc, or one or two Hard Drives in a RAID 0 Stripe(Which makes it act like 1 hard drive with 2 reader/writers). For Multitasking and the like, two's are better, but for the all out fastest, go with one. :cool: ?
________
Airsoft M4

Last edited:
Penguin4x4 said:
First: Kingston, Crucial, or Corsair

Second: 1 Stick is faster. Its the same thing as running single or dual proc, or one or two Hard Drives in a RAID 0 Stripe(Which makes it act like 1 hard drive with 2 reader/writers). For Multitasking and the like, two's are better, but for the all out fastest, go with one. :cool: ?
I disagree. Don't buy Kingston, Kingmax is a different story, they make good ram. I would get Samsung 2700 or, Corsair if you want CAS 2. Crucial is good, but not as good as the 3 I mentioned. I would go for 1 stick, look at my sig, I use 1 stick and have had this ram to 200FSB with turbo settings.

nikhsub1 said:

I disagree. Don't buy Kingston, Kingmax is a different story, they make good ram. I would get Samsung 2700 or, Corsair if you want CAS 2.
Thanks for correcting me, I meant Kingmax. Not thinking I guess. Kingston is a "quality" brand, not an OCing brand. I still like Mushkin Hi Perf PC2100, Which can be set to a 50% OC at CAS 2-2-3
________
Marijuana bubbler

Last edited:
Back