• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP: Cant get Samsung to go higher

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clear #5

Registered
I have tried doing everything to make the samsung run at a higher fsb or at more aggressive timings. Right now I can only run at a 166fsb with a cas latency of 2.5. I have tried everything to get it to run higher including burning it in at higher voltages with about 500 loops of Sandra at each voltage from 2.5 to 2.8. The reason I am so concerned about trying to get it to go higher is because I think my cpu can much further. I have a 1600+ AROIA running at 1750 with the same 166 bus. If I can get the ram to go higher I should be able to push my cpu more since right now my temps are cool and the cpu is perfectly stable.

Edit: This is true pc2700 from newegg.

-----------------------------------------------------
I have a 1600+ AROIA running at 1750
-----------------------------------------------------

And the problem was?:eh?:

I am using an MSI SiS 745 motherboard, which although I love this motherboard there seems to be absolutely no information what so ever for it anywhere. Ive found it almost impossible to find a good English review of this motherboard. Im fine with my overclock I would just prefer that my cas latency be 2 instead of 2.5.

Back