• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR memory setup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gozma

I have decided to get 512MB of DDR ram. I was wondering what the best way to do it is? Should i get 1 stick? or 2 sticks of 256MB? Also what type? I was leaning toward samsung PC2700

thanks

If you plan to use your current setup for 6 months or longer I would go with a 512mb stick. If you think you might waht to switch to a dual channel ddr motherboard when they come out then 2x256 since you need to use memory in pairs for dual channel.

Original samsung 2700,mushkin 3200 or corsair 3000-3200 would all be good choices.

thanks.... i am probably going to get 2 sticks. Corsair and Mushkin are alot more expensive then the samsung..... is it worth the money? would i need it?

You might want to get it as it has a guarantee to run at the rated speeds otherwise there is some risk that what you get might not do the same.

Back