• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Post your RDRAM module that will do 533 or better...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cmcquistion

IT Director Senior
RDRAM users, Please Help...

Please post what kind of RDRAM you are using that will do 533 FSB.

- Brand

- Part #

- Voltage

- Motherbaord

There seems to be so many mixed messages and lack of information. I hope this forum becomes a source of REAL information and not vendor-sponsored hype.

Thanks to everyone who contributes.

Last edited:
RAM is like CPU's

just because one stick of one brand and batch did XMHz does not mean that another will do the same.
BUT generally I have heard good things about SAMSUNG RDRAM

Yeah, 1066.

Hey, does Samsung really make 1066 RDRAM or is the stuff for sale just remarked?

Has anyone used Kingston or OCZ 1066? Is it any good?

I understand that every stick is different, but if we can get enough respondents, than we can at least get an idea of what may work and what is absolute crap, you know...

Kingston RDRAM
KVR800X16-16/256
Standard Volt
Abit TH7-II

This is PC800 RDRAM. It runs super stable with 133FSB (PC1066) and runs Windows at 140FSB (PC1120). Prime95 gives me errors at PC1120 but windows is OK.

It is still a hit and miss with the module that you get. I have four sticks and only three will run at PC1066.

Thank You. Finally someone who actually uses RDRAM has answered my question.

RDRAM users, please keep responses coming. Help the cause.

I bought some Samsung PC1066 RDRAM modules from componentsdirect.com and they were remarked PC800. They tried to be clever by sticking a "Warranty Void if Removed" sticker over the part of the label that said PC800. After several phone calls, they've agreed to send me some Kingston modules instead.

DON'T BUY FROM COMPONENTSDIRECT.COM

Here's what the Better Business Bureau has to say abou them.

Bureau File Experience

We rate this company as having an unsatisfactory business performance record based on a pattern of unanswered customer complaints. Some complainants allege the company fails to deliver ordered products. Other customers complain the company fails to issue refunds for returns or cancelled orders. The company responds to some complaints by shipping late orders, or, in some cases issuing requested refunds. A few complaints are closed as disputed, the customers are not always satisfied with the company's response. Many other complaints remain unanswered. The Better Business Bureau does not endorse, recommend or dissapprove of any company, product or service.

Back