• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung Rdram 1066 232pin vs 184pin whats the dif?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sunnydale45402

Registered
I saw on pricewatch that their is 232 pin Rdram 1066 and 184pin Samung Rdram 1066 what is the difference between the two and how do they overclock?

i think that is a missprint...
as far as i know the STANDARD for RDAM is 184 pins.
And I do know that RDRAM 800 has the same RIMM slot as RDRAM 1066... And the same number of pins.

If thier is some (non standard?) RDRAM that is 232 pins, you will need a motherboard that has a 232 PIN RDRAM RIMM

But it really looks like a missprint

Its new and the only board for it so far is the asus P4T533.

2 x 232-pin 32-bit RIMM Sockets support max. 2GB RIMM3200 (800MHz) / RIMM4200 (1066MHz) ECC / non-ECC RAMBUS memory
Dual channel Rambus architecture provide Max. 4.2GB/s bandwidth

http://www.asus.com/mb/socket478/p4t533/specification.htm
p4t533.jpg

Asus is calling it the new rdram standard.

Last edited:
so it seems the only diff detween the ram is that we do not have to install this RDRAM in pairs like we do with 184 pin RDRAM....
correct me if i am wrong about that.

With the ram that's about it. It does give a small performance increase over current rdram because the self termination makes for shorter paths between the memory controller and memory.

Asus has a couple of links to reviews. None in english yet thou.

placid pfffttttt your asus board has got to step aside! the bigger better MSI is comming in! MSI has also introduced a board with the 32 bit RIMMS... (although 2 weeks later than asus but hey it's all good) it looks pretty good it's on the 850E chipset HMM WTF IS THIS MY STUPIF CABLE WON"T LET ME GET TO THE SITE!!!!!!!! DARNIT guys the minute my cable stops acting gay i'll post the pic of the board...

also while we're waiting i should tell you guys that sis struck a deal with Rambus.. there gonna start making motherboards with these new bigger better 32bit RIMMS

Back