• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ 2700 or 3000 or 3200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Konowl

Registered
Tough decision... (?)... 3000 is rated at CAS 2, 3200 at 2.5... or should I get a stick of Samsung 2700 (not true 333 or nothin, just plain jane).

PC3000 is rated for a 183 FSB
Do you think you are going to be able to get your FSB higehr than 183 MHz (133 is default for Athlons) ?

Don't buy OCZ ram, the stuff almost never gets to rated speeds and OCZ is a shady company. I would recommend either corsair pc3000 or samsung pc 2700 ddr. I'm using the corsair ddr and I'm running at 190 fsb with the vdimm at 2.8v totally stable. Its guarenteed to do cas2 upto 183 fsb. The samsung is also good but requires burning in. These modules have reached around 210-230 mhz fsb in various tests.

i guess it'd be okay for a little but don't expect any high overclocks
you would have gotten with other ram like samsung or corsair or
mushkin.

YUCK OCZ

i wish the OCZ exposed thread was still here so you could see the truth!! :p ;)

i would stay totally away from anything bought from ocsystem.

go to www.resellerraings.com and look up ocsystems. you will
see what kind of horror story they are.

i would highly reccomend mushkin pc3000 bought from
www.newegg.com

mine is running at 195 at turbo settings!!!

newegg is a great company and you should find a 256mb
stick for around 80$ which is a great deal! :p

Looking at all the great reviews from newegg and a few other sites, (sellersrating doesn't exsist, cuz it wont come up) OCZ is alright. Maybe they have cleaned up their act?

SoL said:
the link is http://www.resellerratings.com/

Does anyone make DDR 3200 with CL2.0?

Thanks,
SoL

not yet, very soon though.

and trust me, if u value your money, return the OCZ and get some samsung or corsair.
oh BTW the OCZ reps are known to go and post 20 good messages about their company on sites like pricegrabber and newegg. a little FYI

Back