• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAM prices seem to be dropping, when should I buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WeaponX

I'm lookin at some Crucial 512 MB PC2100, unbuffered RAM. I remember it bein around $160. I checked the prices now and they were like $110. So the prices have dropped a lot, and I don't know if they will anymore. When should I start buying RAM?

I would buy now... Dont think the prices are gonna fall more then they already have. Atleast not for a month or to. :)

Buy now. I don't think the prices will drop enough to justify waiting a few more months.

Buy before October (Xma$ $illy $eason)
Buy before the next epoxy factory fire/minor earthquake/commercial shipping strike/other lame excuse.

Or wait until February, the "January sale" gets postponed until then. That's intels fault for releasing the MMX architecture the week after Christmas a few years back, people got mad, so they hold prices early in January so that you don't get pi$$ed about the price you paid for Xmas, and so you have to spend the money you got for christmas at full price on any upgrades and accessories. Then after thy've dumped that stock, EVERY YEAR, there is some excuse to pump prices again in mid spring, it's freakin' amazing how many people don't see that. Around now, prices are dropping off, anf they will drop slowly until about September when they will level and then climb again in the run up to Xmas.

You will also find prices climb in the few weeks after a Major MS OS release, that fact that that did not happen as much with XP as it did with 95, 98 and ME is an indication that MS skewed some figures about take up of it's new OS.

my 0.02

Road Warrior

RoadWarrior said:
Buy before October (Xma$ $illy $eason)
Buy before the next epoxy factory fire/minor earthquake/commercial shipping strike/other lame excuse.

Or wait until February, the "January sale" gets postponed until then. That's intels fault for releasing the MMX architecture the week after Christmas a few years back, people got mad, so they hold prices early in January so that you don't get ******ed about the price you paid for Xmas, and so you have to spend the money you got for christmas at full price on any upgrades and accessories. Then after thy've dumped that stock, EVERY YEAR, there is some excuse to pump prices again in mid spring, it's freakin' amazing how many people don't see that. Around now, prices are dropping off, anf they will drop slowly until about September when they will level and then climb again in the run up to Xmas.

You will also find prices climb in the few weeks after a Major MS OS release, that fact that that did not happen as much with XP as it did with 95, 98 and ME is an indication that MS skewed some figures about take up of it's new OS.

my 0.02

Road Warrior

(I AM TOTALLY SERIOUS HERE) I thought I was just paranoid.
________
LIST OF BELLHOUSING PATTERNS

Last edited:
Back