• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC3000 and 3200 how is this possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pirate252

Ok i plan on buying one of the brand new MOBOS and it only has a 333 FSB and willonly go up to PC2700, how the heck are you suposed to get up to these 3000 and 3200 with that being the best out there for MOBO's maybe im missing somthign obvious but if soone could point it out that would be nice. Thanks all

Matt

As far as I know the 333 thing is only with the cpu at a 133fsb or 133+33 for 166mhz=ddr333 and is not something that "fixes" the memory at 333 no matter what the cpu fsb.
When you raise the cpu's fsb from 133 to say 140 them either the ability to use the 333 option will be unavailable in the bios so you are running the memory at 140mhz or you will be able to run the memory at 140+33=173mhz.

Here is a review of the board with some overclocking.

http://www.vr-zone.com/reviews/ABIT/KX7-333R/page4.htm

Ok so then i could take this board and increase the memory speed and timing and all that and then buy PC3000 or 3200 for this board? or not... and if this is possible any guides out there on how to do it?

Yes you can use 3000 or 3200 memory on that board.
You need to raise the system fsb to increase the memory speed and that also raises the cpu speed and agp/pci bus speeds.

In a nutshell it's called overclocking.

LoL I typed the Y in Yes and accidentaly hit enter and it posted that :)
Reread the post above.

Are you building a system from scratch or just changing the motherboard?

Last edited:
Back