• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low DDR Sandra?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krag

Classifieds Moderator
Got Bogus?

Yeah...I got bogus! My sandra mem scores lick!! I even got my timings set to 2-2-5 and still it sucks. I have the fsb set to 177. What gives? Maybe you guys can straighten me out? Any tips are welcome.

It is Kingmax DDR 400/PC3200. I looked in my mobo manual for the usual ram 100mhz/133mhz selection and couldn't find one. I wonder if it is the ram. I have a "ramexam" program now that I think of it. I will run it and see what it uncovers.

how come you can view 1066 as a reference memory my version does nt have that how can i get it as a reference :) sorry i dont know what your problem is but if you can help me appreciate it thanks :)_

I bought the $39.99 proffessional version of Sandra. You could have it too if fork out $39.99.

Krag, you sure your memory divider isn't set to 4:3 rather than 1:1? I think that board has that option.

Finally...my first post in two days. Stinkin slow whatever??

Krag, you sure your memory divider isn't set to 4:3 rather than 1:1?

Yep, it was my mem divider. I guess I am not used to this board yet, only had it for a couple weeks. My score is ALOT BETTER now. Scope this out:

Krag, I notice you are using the latest version of Sandra. Where the Hell do they pull out those numbers anyway? I had two SIS 645DX boards and I didn't get those scores unless I ran 4:6 dividers and hit DDR420. Same thing with those 845E scores.

And on a P4B266-E, almost same board as yours, best I can do at 165 FSB, 1:1 is 2500/2400 range, since I am fixed at 2.5-3-3-7.

The RDRAM score for PC1066 looks about right, though.

Where the Hell do they pull out those numbers anyway?

Man, I don't know. I also thought they were kinda high myself. I think these are DDR 400 scores that are run on a KT 333 chipset. But dang...they are sky high...makes my stuff look like nothing.

They are almost too high to believe.

Got gnarly?

Yeah...I got gnarly.

The new mem setting alowed me to up my fsb a bit more.

"Man, I don't know. I also thought they were kinda high myself. I think these are DDR 400 scores that are run on a KT 333 chipset. But dang...they are sky high...makes my stuff look like nothing.

They are almost too high to believe."

Last thing we need is Sandra messing with our minds. I agree that those scores look like DDR400 levels. If you look at the Hardcop forums, Asusboards.com, and Anandtech forums, few guys can hit DDR400 and those that do can barely manage 3k.

That being said, take a look at what I got last night while messing with my P4B266-E board. I don't know how to post screenshots (I'm at work and don't think it can be done unless I have my own web account/page), so I have to do it via attachments.

Wow, I'm in the 3k club!

Dang bro...I am totaly jealous. Your scores wipe the floor with mine. How come your scores are so much better than mine when I run at 182fsb and your are set to 160fsb? Is it due to the different chipsets?

Krag, the key are the memory dividers such as 3:4, 4:5, and 4:6. I think the motherboard manufacturers are starting to get the idea we want all of these above 133 FSB. Better yet, infinitely adjustable in 1 mhz increments; I can see that coming.

When I run my CPU at 160, my ram is running on a 3:4 divider, e.g., 160 x 4 divided by 3 = 213 mhz, or DDR426 (check the Sandra screenie). Even when I run 165, 1:1, I only get around 2500/2400, so what you are getting at 183 FSB sounds about right.

I am fairly surprised at my scores though, as my P4B266-E board is locked out at 2.5-3-3-7 above 140 FSB. I'm pretty sure I can do 2.5-2-2-6 at DDR400-420 so I would get even higher scores if I could adjust the settings. But I'm using genuine Samsung ram which I burnt in well.

Note at 155/DDR412 I can do it using 2-256 MB sticks, but at 160/DDR426, I can only do it with 1 stick. More importantly, both setups are totally stable in 3D. I have to hack my board and trick the BIOS into running the 3:4 divider, so I have to use jumpers to set my FSB. We can only do 155 and 160 now, so I can't try higher. But I doubt I can do much better than DDR426.

What MB are you using? You may be able to set some dividers other than 1:1.

What MB are you using? You may be able to set some dividers other than 1:1.

I am using the P4B533-E but as far as I know my divider selections are "Auto, 1:1 & 4:3" I haven't tried "4:3" yet. The reason why is cause in the lastest review of my mobo the dude said this selection was for 100mhz fsb ratio. So I stayed away from it like a junkie would from bad dope. he he Could it be that he was wrong? How do you "hack your board to trick the bios?" I want to trick my bios tell me how bro. krag

Krag, 4:3 will downgrade your ram, e.g. 160 x 3 divided by 4 = 120 mhz. 3:4 will boost it. Just take your mhz, multiply by the second number and divide by the first.

The P4B533-E is basically an updated version of the P4B266-E. I hear it will allow you to adjust CAS settings above 140 FSB, however, it still does not have 3:4 dividers above 133 in the BIOS. Why Asus refuses to do this unlike other motherboard manufacturers I have no idea.

Since the boards are so similar, it might be possible to hack the 3:4 like my board, but so far I haven't heard of anybody doing it. The link is below. I am using that link since the process is more clearly explained, however credit goes to Shion over in the Asusboards.com forum for figuring it out.

I'm not too sure your board uses the same jumper settings to set the FSB. Unfortunately, the only settings above 155 that people have figured out is 155 and 160. It's not likely you can go higher at 3:4 divider with current DDR anyway.

Also, keep abreast of the Asusboards.com, Hardcop, and Anandtech forums, as a couple of people picked up the P4B533 and they are trying to hack the 3:4 divider above 133 FSB.

But congratulations on the CPU overclock, 183 is very impressive!

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.cfm?catid=28&threadid=805530

Back