• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RIMM questions..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Noctal

Registered
RIMM questions.. burn in required?

My P4T533-C with some minor quirks works fine with a [email protected] and Samsung 45ns double sided RIMMs. Those RIMMs actually arrived by mistake cuz i meant to get 40 ns ones. Im running 1.65 Vcore and temps around 45 C fully loaded.

However, now that the 40ns have arrived I put those in and guess what? XP wont load.

My questions are:

1- The 45 ns ones are double sided vs the 40 ns single sided. What is the difference between those 2 besided the obvious difference in speed rating?

2- With the 45 ns ones I have found that when I first change any hardware I cant use the 2400 setting. I have to load XP at some lower OC, such as 110 FSB, restart, change BIOS to 133FSB and all is fine. Why would that be? Is some kind of burn in a good idea? Would burning in the 40ns ones make them work?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I can boot at up to 136 FDB with both. The difference between the 45s and the 40s is that the 45s @133 FSB will also run WIN XP and all the benchies while the 40s wont even load WIN XP. The 40s will just soft boot the system after it attempts to load WIN XP.

Noc

Is it possible to run a single sided memory stick and a double sided memory stick on the same channel? can you find out for me please cause my computer is not booting with this.

I have run 2 double sided with 2 single sided. A1 with single, A2 with double, B1 single and B2 double. Worked fine for me.

Noc

As in A1=40ns and A2=45ns?

If so, all i can say is have never tried :(

Noc

Back