• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair RAM Own

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cown

I was previously running with some crapy RAM called elixir.

When I tryed oc them i could run 100 % stable at 11.5 * 141.
All other options with the multiplyer unlocked like for example
10.5 * 150 and the comp would crash when trying to load windows, sometimes it wouldnt even post ?

I then traded thease RAM for a 256 Mb PC 2100 stick from corsair. I'm very saticfied with the results i get with this RAM module. I now run at 10.5 * 160 witch makes my CPU run at 1680 MHz.
I've been running Prime95 for about 36 hours now with no problems what so ever and been benchmarking my comp with everything i could lay my hands on.
My scores are now:
sandratest.JPG

Before i would get about 2030/1924 so there for i would recommend Corsair RAM for enyone trying to overclock and cant cuzz their RAM sux. I'm sure other RAM like samsung, crucial, kingston etc. can perform the same as this module has done for me but i havent had the opertunity to try them out :D

Definately agree, corsair rocks, especially for the faster DDR speeds. Crucial was awesome as well.

Crucial--
PC2100: stable on fast timings up to 163 fsb, but had to overvolt a lot.

Corsair--
PC 2700: stable on turbo timings up to 195 fsb
PC 3000: stable on turbo up to 210, after that I can't say my other components may have held me back.

Back