• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who's got samsung pc2700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HammerDpedals

Registered
Hello,

I recently bought some ram from essential computer, and they sent me a different serial number than what i thought. I posted a thread earlier, but no one responded. So i'll phrase this differently.

Does anyone have a 256 mb stick of samsung pc2700 that has the following part number: M368L3313DTL-CB3

how does it overclock? let me know if i should return it or not. thanks in advance:D

Samsung PC2700 from NewEgg...

here's mine...had it for 2 days now, and I can't even hit 170 at 2.5-3-3-6 (my Crucial PC2100 will do 180 at 2.5-3-3-6 :eek: )...I'm probably gonna send it back to newegg. The numbers don't match with yours, so I hope yours does better :rolleyes:

Attachments

• sam1.jpg
    sam1.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 250
The chips marked 220 or higher don't oc as well as the earlier ones. They might be binning the better chips for the 3200.

Just got a 512MB stick of Samsung from Newegg. Marked "0221", which doesn't bode well. Module number is M368L6423DTL-CB3. Will see soon how it works in my BG7/Costa Rica 1.6A combo (also brand-new, lots to play with this weekend :) ).

Am hoping for 150 FSB (2400 core) at 4:5 (375 DDR). More would be gravy. I'm upgrading from a Celeron 566 o/c to 850, PC100. I can predict an unhappy wife :temper: is in my future.

HammerDpedals: The slower the refresh rate required the better. Less system performance hit (not that it's much anyway) the slower the required refresh is. Your module looks like it wants 4096 row(?) refreshes every 64msec, as opposed to 8192 per 64 msec. Half as many required = more memory cycles available for real data transfer.

I'm wondering if your 256MB stick is double-sided (16 chips total)? If so, then your module is using the 128Mbit chips instead of the newer-technology 256Mbit chips. I wouldn't be happy if that's what I got (assuming the 256Mbit chips are more likely to be faster, and you've got 16 chances for a bum chip on the double-sided module instead of 8).

I'd say the Samsung module part number that takiwa posted above is what you want: M368L3223DTL-CB3. That is (I believe) single-sided 256MB.

I spent last night and this morning playing with my new system. Haven't gotten past booting memtest86 from the floppy - like to try things out in nice slow steps. I like the BG7 having built-in video so I can test a pretty bare-bones system (motherboard, CPU, floppy, keyboard). When you push the memory too far (and it happens to boot - most of the time it doesn't boot) it's pretty cool to see the screen all messed up because the video ram is in main memory.

As feared, my 512MB Samsung stick doesn't seem to be that great :( I can get it to run at 375 DDR apparently stable (running memtest86 all day today to see) even at 2.5V (2.44 indicated by BIOS). That's at 2.5-3-3-6. Seem to need the relaxed timings beyond 340 or so. More voltage so far doesn't seem to do much for me. My CPU seems game - I casually got it to 170 FSB (2720 core, stock cooling with AS3 applied, +10% voltage = 1.6V indicated by BIOS). It had trouble booting above 160, but I think that could be solved with the CPU voltage pin trick. Once it booted it seemed to run fine. But my memory can't reliably do anything beyond 1:1 above ~155 FSB :cry: .

Of course I haven't really tried to do the burn-in procedure yet. Will need to look at that and give it a try. But so far it looks like 150 FSB (2.4GHz core) at 4:5 (375 DDR, 2.5-3-3-6) stable is doable now. That was my initial target, so I can't be too disappointed, except for having to run the timings so relaxed. Have yet to install Win2K and stress test from within Windows.

I'd say the Samsung module part number that takiwa posted above is what you want: M368L3223DTL-CB3. That is (I believe) single-sided 256MB.
yes, it is single-sided...I read a post here a while back that put me under the impression that all original Samsung RAM (not fake) was single-sided...

Hmmm...I guess that I wasn't aware the DTL revision was inferior overclocking-wise to CTL. So I ended up getting a 512MB stick with a marking greater than 0220 and DTL. Plus because it's a 512MB module I've got 16 chips. Maybe I'm lucky to even get 375 DDR. My stick appears to be Samsung original (has the proper sticker and has "Samsung" etched in tiny letters on the side of the PCB).

It looks like right now isn't the best time to be buying Samsung (assuming this is all related to binning for upcoming DDR 400 modules). Bummer.

Back