• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seti on a Dual?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyboRob

Seti automatically set itself to run to work units at a time. That's great when I am not wanting the computer. When I want to use the computer however I'd like seti to only process one work unit.

Is there a way to do make seti do this?

well, if u r using the CLC/Spy/Driver combo, check "low priority", then SETI will "ONLY" use whatever cpu cycle that u r not using to crunch!! if it's idling, then it will use 100% or close to crunch. but if u r encoding mp3s, playing games, working on photoshop, etc., then seti will only use whatever cpu cycle that u left from other programs. seti will always a seondary or even less priority. so, not really need to turn one off in most case.

It should be running 2 the way you have it set, try resaving the config and restarting to to see what happens.. Set it to low all the time right there too and you'll never know it's running as you try to do other things on your PC.

That was wierd. Seti kept wanting to use the internet everytime I restarted it, to send out to this place in the pic.
Rebooted computer and it is working two units again and not wanting to send out.

Crap! Came back only to find seti running one work unit on one processor. Reboot didn't fix this time.

Both Processors are working but only one working seti.

Ideas?

If it's pegging both CPU's and it's showing 100% it's running 2 copies of Seti and working 2 units at the same time. Seti Driver will only show the status of the one closest to being completed.

Yeah thanks mjones, I didn't state that right though.
By saying both processors are working, I mean when looking at the task manager one was pegged all the way on the graph and the other not at all.
Then to open photoshop just to see if it would hit the other processor and it did.
From seeing this a few times now, it's one processor or seti stalling out at the end of one work unit and not starting the next one.
It's working right now properly again, for how long though.:rolleyes:

Back