• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

greatest wu output?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you could average 4 hours/WU with 2 PC's (2hour average each since they are parallel), option #3 would have to average 2 hours/WU.

I'm not familiar with the Durons, so the devil is in the details.

I think either of those first two setups could get you 9 or 10 units a day if you got them set up optimally. My Duron will turn out 5 units a day at 1.25GHz. I think the Celerons at 450 would give you 2 units a day each, maybe a bit more. The PIV 1.6a will probably only get you 7 to 8 average.

if you left the 1.6A on 24/7 with say a 150 FSB overclock, then it would be the biggest producer by far. plus, your avg. time would be wicked low...:cool:

8.33 a day for my current duron and cellies
10.1 for 2 durons
about 8 for a p4 per day?

these are my estimates so far
i think the 2 durons would be fastest overall

Well I've got an unlocked morgan running 1.3 with the bus cranked up to 160, ram @ cas2 with all turbo timings, and it averages about 4 hrs 5 mins according to seti queue. I also have a 1.6A overclocked to 2300 on a TH7II (talking rdram here not DDR) and it's averaging 2 hrs 50 mins on seti queue. Going on that the duron is about 1 hr and 15 mins slower on average. Of course a P4 with DDR is going to be at least 15 mins slower.

lonewolf1983 said:
8.33 a day for my current duron and cellies
10.1 for 2 durons
about 8 for a p4 per day?

these are my estimates so far
i think the 2 durons would be fastest overall

I would tend to agree with you. Yes, I think 8 per day at best with the p4 using DDR.

I would think the fastest overall would be #2...
but the P4 would be just one rig, use less juice and give you killer wu times.

And leave you room for another cruncher when $$$ allows:D

jstutman said:
is 6 a day for a 1.4 t-bird good or low??

Missed that one:(

Very good! I have a 1000@1333 (temps brought it down from 1400) that is around 5.5 hours per.
6 a day is XP territory! Is that thing running at 1400, or oc'd?

the 1.4 is o/c its at 1524 but something inside the rig does not like a higher fsb i cant go over 145. let me knwo what those 2 buttons are to push to get a screenshot, and i will attach an image of wcpuid.

Last edited:
Option Number Two.

A Duron Morgan can do WUs in high 3hours if you tweak the FSB correctly w/ timings.

A P4 does like 2:40 a WU so 8 a day sounds good. While when the P4 is done 1 and something WU the Morgans are done 2 already, so double.

Yodums

Select the Work Unit info in SETISpy and it will show you what the AR is. It stands for Angle Range.

WU times vary by the AR of the WU. Showing a completion time without the AR is meaningless. It could be a 0, which would be impressive, or a 14.xxx, which would not.

Back