• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pc133 and Pc100

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knif_00

If I've got a 256 MB Dimm of PC133 and 128 MB Dimm of PC100 running side by side, is the PC100 going to slow down my PC133's performance? I think it would? But in everyday just piddling on-line and playing game I can't really tell a difference.
Someone asked me the same question and I just assume they would end up running both like a PC100 Dimm . . correct?

Yes you are correct. The memory speed will be limited by the slowest stick.

I've read that because of CAS latency timings that PC133 can actually be slower than PC100! Can anyone tell me more about that?

Wangster

I have overclocked pc100 to rates comparable to that of pc133. Sometimes, there really isn't much of a difference.

Thanks alot guys. I had pretty much assumed it would all end up running at the slowest speed, but like one of you noted, it's really a negligible (s.p) difference.
Thanks again,
Cody.:burn:

Back