• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hold off for "true" Samsung 3200 if you are ordering Samsung now!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xgman

People recently ordering "true" Samsung 2700 modules from Newegg and the like, are now receiving lower performing chips. I am under the impression that the newer D rev. Samsung was replacing the better C revision chips because they are moving the chips that run at 200fsb (DDR400) which was most if not all of the "C" chips, to the PC3200 product production (in other words binning) that should be released sometime between now and August. If you can, it would be better to hold off until DDR400 true Samsung hits the streets, because even Corsair or Mushkin have now stated that the most recent batches of their overclocked Samung chips are not hitting the 200fsb marks too easily. This makes alot of sense if you think about it. How are they going to sell a new product (PC3200) if everyone knows that there existing "C" product (PC2700) runs at the same DDR400 speed anyway?

That list doesn't show the DDR400 "CB4" chips. I beleive that they are or soon to be in production anyway. They show up on some updated data sheets.

Newegg seems also to be stuck now with the "D" rev 2700's.

I'm not sure, but my logic would be when a manufacturer goes to a new revision, they won't be making more of the old one. Maybe revision E will be better.

Back