• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Contest/Raffle Starts July 1st

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TC

Senior Seti Addict
Take a look at the poll and familiarize yourself with the winning rules: http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=94784 That's how it will be done, and I will do my best to adhere to the rules as much as possible. We have some kinks to work out, but it should be interesting and hopefully a lot of fun. I'm also thinking about adopting an idea similar to the Oc UK stomp monster. I could put together say 10 duron systems, and for example $10 gets somebody a certain amount of time crunching in their name. We need to work towards a way of funding the contest, and perhaps ultimately paying for the web hosting that I have been covering.

Last edited:
hmmm... the cheapo yet fast system time for rent idea isn't bad, I think we're on to something here that helps the team AND is a $ source for the raffles...

EDIT: O yea, and the raffle is running on option #2 this time, right? Is it the modded or the unmodded version?

We've already got a few stickies going...but maybe a new one with all the contest details in the first post? Probably already planned, but....:cool:

Lets play it by the book for this one. Exactly like the #2 option was listed in the poll. The stomp idea will take some work, but is doable imo.

Great. I'm glad to see we are getting ready to contest crunch.

If I'm correct, everyone will get (1) ticket at the end of the month for crunching at least (1) w/u a day for the # of days in that month. (31 in July)

You can buy (1) extra ticket for at least $1. A one time deal.

And you can buy as many extra tickets as you want for $5 each. No limit.

Am I understanding this right?

Where do we send the money and what type(s) of payment will you except?

Thanks to everyone for organizing this contest. :)

craigiz1 said:

Where do we send the money and what type(s) of payment will you except?

PayPal would be the prefered choice; howver, it's not the only.....i think.

payment info is listed on the team site --> links --> donation page

good luck, everyone!!!!

Here's how it's going to work. It will be easier if I know who all I should be monitoring for the contest, so everyone whom wants to enter should send email to [email protected] and state 1)your forum name if applicable, and secondly your seti user name and what rank you currently hold. This will help me organize things a bit. The cut off date for entering via email is midnight June 30th - this coming Sunday. Now the rules:

1)Everyone that enters the contest will get one ticket for doing at least 1 wu per day for the entire month of July.

2)Any member that joins the team during the month of July, and enters the contest via email as discussed above, will get 1 bonus ticket (provided they follow rule 1 also)

3)An inactive member - one that hasn't returned a unit since December 31st 2001, will get 1 bonus ticket for returning and following rule #1 of course. This is hard to follow folks. I do have a list of inactive members for several months, but not 6 months. I'm not sure how we're going to handle this part.

4)You can get 1 extra ticket by donating $1, and that's all.

5)You can buy as many extra tickets as you like for $5 each.

I would prefer that donations be sent to the Paypal account listed on the donations page. That makes it easier for me to track. I don't want donations coming via snail mail after July - that just won't work. We need to run this in an organized fashion within the month of July.

i see no sticky concerning this so called contest.

but even if i joined :)

whats the linky?

some questions:

1. Define "what rank you currently hold": rank in team or rank in world?

2. Define "At least 1 wu per day for the entire month of July": average? or must be per day?

3. Can we just mail u a dollar for the extra ticket?

Jackywebdesign said:
some questions:

1. Define "what rank you currently hold": rank in team or rank in world?

2. Define "At least 1 wu per day for the entire month of July": average? or must be per day?

3. Can we just mail u a dollar for the extra ticket?

1)your rank on the team roster so I can look you up faster
2)Well technically speaking at least 31 units for the entire month, so if you want to say average I suppose that's okay.
3)Yes you can mail me a dollar if you like. Please make sure it's before the end of July though. If anyone needs my mailing address just PM me.

craigiz1 said:
Any idea on prizes?
Well we have about $200 in the pot, so I was thinking a mobo, duron, and maybe some ram. I'm open for suggestions. I haven't really priced the value socket A boards for a while. I was thinking of going with a retail box chip so the winner has a heatsink, and if we have enough for ram too that covers all the basics towards getting a new cruncher running, which is what we're aiming for.

Looking good so far gang!

Like TC said, run this by "the books".

We can always make changes for the next month as we see glitches develop, or any way to make the "raffle" better.

Now lets get out there and recruit "new/old blood"!! :)

TC said:
Well we have about $200 in the pot, so I was thinking a mobo, duron, and maybe some ram. I'm open for suggestions. I haven't really priced the value socket A boards for a while. I was thinking of going with a retail box chip so the winner has a heatsink, and if we have enough for ram too that covers all the basics towards getting a new cruncher running, which is what we're aiming for.

That sounds good. Excellent prize!

do u think we can ask skip to put this contest on the front page and link to somewhere that listed all the rule and entry info?? so, people (especially new & inactive members!) will know even if they don't come to the seti forum?? otherwise, only those who stop by the seti forum and look at the sticky will knwo the contest, and it will end up more likely to be the regular member who's entering.....

TC, may be we could make a page in the team's site for this contest, included rules & entry info. so, we can direct people to that page either from the front page or from the forum. if so, let me know, i could make up a page....

Back