• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I dun understand

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dansonang

I got a p4b asus 266 motherboard, izzit that I could place any ddr memory in that slot for exmaple pc2700 or pc 2100? izzit any memory is compatible. i am confused by those numbers.

:rolleyes: danson

Hello, I'm not exactly sure what your question is, but here goes:

DDR SDRAM slots are capable of running any speed DDR type SDRAM as well as regular SDRAM. It cannot use RDRAM. Check your motherboard manual for more suggestions and instructions on RAM.

If you use two different speeds of DDR SDRAM, the lowest speed will be used by your motherboard.

Does that help?

Wangster

Wangster said:

DDR SDRAM slots are capable of running any speed DDR type SDRAM as well as regular SDRAM. It cannot use RDRAM. Check your motherboard manual for more suggestions and instructions on RAM.
Wangster

Whoa there. DDR slots will NOT run regular SDRAM. They are different, and will not even fit.

With regard to different speeds of DDR, well, generally, the better the RAM is rated, the faster it is supposed to go.

All DDR will work in the slots. You may just be limited to a slower speed.

So to get to the specifics of your question, get the 2700 if you can afford it.

Back