• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocked P4 what ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoL

I want to build a P4 system and overclock it with a water cooler but im not sure if I should use DDR or RDRAM. Toms hardware says RDRAM is too sensitive for extreme overclocking and I want to get up to around 3ghz with a P4 2.2 and Gigabyte GA-8IRXP mb.(if I use DDR) How much could I overclock it if I used PC1066 RDRAM? I know its more expensive but its alot faster right? And would OCsystem DDR 3200 CL2 work if I went with DDR ram? Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sol:confused:

I'm sure some of you have overclocked P4s with RDRAM, this is an overclockers forum. Any suggestions? Brand, speed, combo?

Thanks,
SoL:)

i have the same prob but my fear is that just like in the old days when vhs vs beta, the better quality one phased out because of unpopularity and marketing... I want to get something that will last not fade away in 2 -3 years...

Back