• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

corsair pc150

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deez

I got a stick of corsair pc150 cl2 the other day and I'm not impressed. It was basically a stick of micron and doesn't seem to do anything over 150 2-2-2 w/o errors. It causes prime95 errors, crashes 3dmark etc... Think I should just return it and take the restocking fee if any? I got it from mwave.

I also had a stick of Corsair PC150 that was exactly like yours....Micron chips but mine would not do 150 FSB at the most aggressive settings. Sold it off and purchased a regular stick of Micron PC133 CL2 and it runs great at 150FSB.

I emailed Corsair tech support twice, and they never replied.....great service eh?

glad to hear its not just me. I think I will just return it to mwave and get another stick of micron instead locally, I get good deals

I hear alot of good things about Kingmax PC-150 which can be bought at Crazypc.com if they are in stock even though I know the place you buy from is right down the street. I hear alot of Kingmax PC-150 users in the past being able to hit 166fsb w/ slow timings of course but it's worth it!

only problem with Kingmax is that their pc150 isnt even rated 2-2-2 at 150 but I suppose its worth a try

Same here, I tried 2 sticks of Corsair PC150 and it's crap at fast settings above 155. I tried Kingmax as well. 3 out of the 4 sticks I tried could handle 163 at slow memory timings. Weird thing I noticed abt the Kingmax is that my system pause abt 30 secs longer b4 it starts checking the ram.
I ended up with Mushkin Rev 3+, expensive but well worth the money. 162fsb at fastest timings.

Back