• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

samsung pc2700 ctl

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jtymabel

Registered
does anybody know who has samsung pc2700 ctl in stock...just got some from newegg, but it was dtl..(does not go higher than 144fsb)...only 2mhz above my mushkin pc2700....i am sending it back tomorrow...

thanks.:rolleyes:

Good luck hunting for it dude... That all i did from the moment i got up till about 7 pm... Searched everywhere.. I mean everywhere. I gave up after searching on pricewatch,searches online,every hardware shop i had bookmarked(100+),ebay... yup desperate, even called several samsung distributers... Though just about everyone has samsung but on generic ram sticks...which ya dont want. Few places had samsung original but wouldnt hand pick the CTL or verify they had the CTL sticks.

I found 2 chances for the samsung original CTL dream... This one has the samsung original 256 and 512..dont know about ctl though.. NuTrend

This one has Samsung on the powmem sticks.. Supposivly good stuff.. good as CTL but out of the country.. JK Trading

If you give up wiht the search... Either grab some Mushkin 3000 or the 512 2100 CAS2 2,2,2... Either one of those should do 185 max settings or higher like 195 i have heard. I talked to someone at Mushkin and told him my troubles and his frist choice was the 2100 Level2 512MB CAS2 2,2,2.. 2nd was the 3000 and 3rd was the 3200.

Cheaper if ya get the Mushkin at newegg.com

if both your samsung 2700 and mushkin 2700 are running
around 144 fsb, then is sure isn't the rams problem as they
have been tested at at least 166 mhz.

i agree with starfox there is no way 2 sticks of PC2700 will only run @ 144FSB even @ cas2.
my samsung pc2700 will run 190 or so FSB without problems. Most generic ram won't even have problems passing 144fsb

PC2700=166mhz FSB.

if it wont do that, than there is something wrong with your board (or another component besides the RAM).

and i know Mushkin ALWAYS goes at least its rated speed, they are one of the best mem manufacturers out there, if u dont mind paying.

ThePunkGeek said:
i agree with starfox there is no way 2 sticks of PC2700 will only run @ 144FSB even @ cas2.
my samsung pc2700 will run 190 or so FSB without problems. Most generic ram won't even have problems passing 144fsb

Well if he is using the 8K3A and has ithe ram set to 166 then the ram is running at 180 while his FSB is at 144. So don't be so quick to not believe what he is saying. Once you hit a fsb of 166 the memory will run at the same speed as the FSB. Good Luck!

well jtymabel, set the ram speed to 133, than the FSB to like 180mhz at CAS2 and see if it will do it.

if so u made out like a bandit:p

Malakai said:
well jtymabel, set the ram speed to 133, than the FSB to like 180mhz at CAS2 and see if it will do it.

if so u made out like a bandit:p

If he sets the FSB over 166 then his RAM and FSB will run the at the same speed. No need to change the setting.But he can play with it and see where he gets the best performance:D

this is my rig

athlon xp1900+ "AGNGO" @1.73
soltek sl-75dr5
mushkin and samsung pc2700
(will be getting corsair xms pc3000)
radeon 8500 @306/306 no voltage mods yet
sb audigy
swiftech mcx462 w/80mm delta
sunon 120mm side
delta 80mm front of case
80mm exhaust
noisy to say the least
one thing i must say, the samsung memory is stable at 144fsb were the mushkin will not boot up above 141...

listen, go into your bios and set the ram to 133mhz and the FSB to 166 and boot. if u have the ram set to 166, its on a 4/3 divider and actually running at around 180mhz, not 144. so your FSB is 144, but the ram is running at around 180.

set the FSB to 166 and the ram will go back to running synchronously with the FSB, than go from there to see how fast u can go

i notice googlegear has samsung memory listed at their site but it just says that the manufacturor is samsung chipset, is that even samsung original, or just samsung chips?

Google Gear Samsung Sticks...

Its only Samsung Chips on 3rd party PCB sticks.. Stay away from that...

Really easy to tell... If the price is below 70 them its not Samsung Original. heh
or call and ask them... Is it Samsung Original??? If they say its Original Samsung on chips... hang up!

Its tough to find Samsung Original right now.. Only 2 places sell it..
www.newegg.com But dont buy it from there unless you feel lucky.. Cuase they say its CTL in the model but its not.. There DTL sticks..

http://www.nutrend.com/

They also sell it but when i called they said that they wont hand pick sticks or tell me the model numbers cause there not in the computer.. .stupid eh?... So take a shot there.

Back