• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

36 HOURS per Unit, How can this BE!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beau_safken

36 Hours for One unit, OMG

I can't believe how long my computer is taking to crunch one of this units. I have heard that other running the same computer I am doing 2 to 3 a day? MAybe they are majorly OCing but still thats a Very Very long time. Heres some stats on my comp:

Pentium Celeron 400 Mhz
Gateway...Grrrr
256 RAM PC 133
Win 98SE

I have it set to always be on and to run as screensaver...WHAT CAN I DO.

Im working on a beast at the moment but I want some results now...

Beau

ScreenSaver=BAD!

The ScreenSaver is majorly SLOWER than the commandline client. There is a "Sticky" at the top of the list in the SETI section here that gives very detailed instructions on getting the commandline version up and running and if you have questions someone will be more than happy to help you.

SkyHook

The CMd Line client Is SOOOO much faster then the screensaver one. Kudos to everyone... Well hopefully now I can contribute a little more till I break out the big dog when it gets build:(

Beau

Ohhh you know it. My Big Bad Celery 400 is going to be doubling its previous performance....Just think about it, Double. well 15 hours 10 minutes Is SOOOO much better then 36 Hr's 26 minutes.

Thanks everyone...
Everyone's got to love an underdog....With a Celery 400:D

15 hours!! :eek: WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?!? :confused:

I average 17-23 hours depending on AR and computer usage.... The only diffrences I see in our systems is the 64MB more RAM you have, and your computer is from Gateway... Mine from HP. And my pooter is even 66Mhz faster than yours!

Is this a dedicated cruncher of yours? If so, then I guess that's what is doing it because I've had 15 hour WUs occur sometimes with no computer usage... If not... I am ready to learn your SETIing secrets! :) :)

JigPu

FYI:
This is the only computer that I have and use it almost all day sometimes. I have the CLient Window version now and have it on when I dont do anything. All I have is a gateway 400 mhz with 256 SDram. thats about it... Sorry to disappoint but I have nothing special running but yes this is a used computer, Not a dedicated SETI cruncher. However...My new beast will be a cruncher, chewer, muncher, Kick some and not take any answers super comp so I'll tell ya how that goes.

Celerons are good, but to bad Intel doesn't make crunchy Peanut Butter processors to go with them with Raisin topped FSB.

LOL:p

Beau

15 hours was an estimate
wait and see what times he actually pumps out
my celeron 300@450 pumped out regular 12 hours
my dually 300@450's take about 14 hours

my fsb accounts for the good times i think

Wish I could boost the power of my little 400 but these gateway boards just stink. I'm afraid to do anything because the increases are soooo big that I'm afraid it could go all BSOD on me....I've got to hold out till the beast is done.

beau_safken said:
Wish I could boost the power of my little 400 but these gateway boards just stink. I'm afraid to do anything because the increases are soooo big that I'm afraid it could go all BSOD on me....I've got to hold out till the beast is done.
I know what you mean. This HP has two FSB options. 66Mhz and 100MHz. I already gave 100Mhz a try for kicks and knew the thing wouldn't boot. Guess what. No boot :rolleyes:

I can't wait until I can convince my parents to get a new computer. And hopefully I'll build it so that I can finaly OC!! :dreams of that day:

JigPu

Back