• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My PC2700 512MB RAM, did I make a bad choice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyberShark85

Registered
Well, I purchased a stick of Samsung PC2700 512DDR ram from buyaib.com for $111. Now after reading the forums, I think my ram is bad, am I correct? Also, there is this damn heat spread that I have no clue how to get off!! Lol, I also need to know how to remove this thing! :D

CyberShark85 said:
Well, I purchased a stick of Samsung PC2700 512DDR ram from buyaib.com for $111. Now after reading the forums, I think my ram is bad, am I correct? Also, there is this damn heat spread that I have no clue how to get off!! Lol, I also need to know how to remove this thing! :D

Well for that cheap its most likely Samsung chips on a 3rd party board..

I'd advise to not take the heatspreader off cuase then you wont beable to return it if it sucks at overclocking. All i can say is try it out and if it sucks return it ASAP.

You want Samsung Original.

What's a good 512mb type of this ram that is easy to overclock? I notice I will be having to return and spend more i think :)

The corsair PC3000 and PC3200 are both very good. You will most likely be able to hit over 200 mhz fsb with both of them. Or you could go for the true samsung pc2700 (PCB manufactured by samsung) which is also very good ram but requires some burning in.

Hey, do you have any good guides on overclocking RAM by any chance? Also, how do I get that damn heat spreader off! I want to test out this RAM to see if it is overclockable, but I'm new at overclocking and need some advice as to how I should test overclocking the ram. Thanks!

Btw, did I mention I want to remove that damn heat spread? :D

Back