• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Approaching the first milestone...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Makkarah

Which is... 50 units, but hey, it's a start, ya?

My 49th unit is pretty crazy, gonna attach my SETISpy results screen to this post, I wonder what kind of is the 50th unit. =P

Congratulations!

Glad to see you reaching your first of hopeful many goals. those milestone setup along the way give a cruncher an often times needed shot of encouragement to spur you on to even bigger and better things. Keep up the good work!

SkyHook

Good work man!! It's great to see people hitting milestone (especially their first ones :) )!

Next up, 100!! Your first triple digit WU! :cool: :cool:
JigPu

Other good news, I'm building a second rig today for everyday use, mainly to internet (with SETI). It's a 1GHz Thunderbird so cant expect as fast times as with this comp but hey, at least I get more WU's since I cant have SETI on 24/7 on this comp.

It may take a while before the other comp starts crunching though, I have to sort out a networking first, I don't know what my ISP likes about the idea hooking 2 computers to 1 DSL line...

yeah it's pretty easy to network them togeather, i have 4 hooked up here, and unless u are constantly downloading stuff on all the computers all the time, they will never know.

Digital

Finished assembling the new rig, installing WinXP on it right now, still don't have any network router so it can't reach internet yet. =/

Makkarah said:
Finished assembling the new rig, installing WinXP on it right now, still don't have any network router so it can't reach internet yet. =/

do u have an extra network card lyin around? if so u can connect the second computer to the "main" rig and use a proxy server to allow the 1st to connect to the internet, your isp will still only see one computer, and this works well if there's only 2 computers involved.

Digital

Digital Pimp said:

do u have an extra network card lyin around? if so u can connect the second computer to the "main" rig and use a proxy server to allow the 1st to connect to the internet, your isp will still only see one computer, and this works well if there's only 2 computers involved.

Digital

This comp uses network card to communicate with the DSL modem.

The other comp has a network card in it also, but I don't have any cables here so I can't do a thing, I get a router tomorrow hopefully with couple cables so I can get that thing running.

if you put 2 network cards into the main computer and get a cable to connect the second rig to the first u can connect that way, windows 98 and 2000 support internet connection sharing.

it might save u the cost of a router

pm me if u need help setting it up.

Digital

Digital Pimp said:
if you put 2 network cards into the main computer and get a cable to connect the second rig to the first u can connect that way, windows 98 and 2000 support internet connection sharing.

it might save u the cost of a router

pm me if u need help setting it up.

Digital

Otherwise I would, but I want the other comp to be able to use internet without this being on, since I have to sleep in the same room this is in. Cant keep up during that time.

Oh well, I have the broadband router now, my connection is going through it. Works nicely, other comp is not hooked up, I need a long cable for it since it's in another room. :(

Got only 2 cables with the router and they're like 1,5 meter long.

Back