• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me w/ these mysterious BIOS settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
I know that these settings have something to do w/ the memory timings, but I'm not sure what. I'm currently running an Asus A7V266-E RAID.

The first setting is:

DDR_1T/2T_ITEM
--1T CMD
--2T CMD
--AUTO MODE

The second setting is:

DRAM 4K/8K PAGE ENABLE
--AUTO
--4K Page Enable
--8K Page Enable

If somebody could tell me what these do, and how they affect RAM timings, I'd be truely greatful.

I believe that the first setting changes the CAS setting for your RAM. 2T = CAS 2

The second setting though.... I have no clue.
JigPu

i agree with JigPu and i think the second may has something to do with the page closing policy described here.

Oni, the 1st option is otherwise known as the command rate. it decides whether the Dram commands are issued with a wait state of 2 cycles or 1. 1 offers a decent bump in performance, but is a hard setting to run. a lot of ram (like my crucuial) cant handle 1T command.

the other has something to do with the size of the Data blocks (maybe:confused: ) that are moved in and out. all boardds have similar settings, i just always leave mine on auto:D

Back