• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

program for monitoring seti on all computers in network ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xanthan

Disabled
I was wondering if there is a program that can monitor seti WU progress etc. on all of my networked computers at once ?

thanks, Xan.

Yeah, there are quite a few of them! What I have used is SETIGate. It's a WU caching program that will let you monitor how every client is doing as well. I really liked it, and probably would have liked it more if I actually had a network :rolleyes: . However, it crunchware, meaning that your 10th WU will be credited toward team SETIGate. Not every 10 WUs, just the 10th.

Another program I have heard of around here is MultiSETIMon. This program has a simple layout and will keep track of all the clients on the network. I don't think it caches WUs for them though. But I think it's free and definatly not crunchware.

To everyone else: Will SETIQueue let you monitor realtime status of clients on a network? It's pretty close to SETIGate, but I haven't ever used it for an extended period of time...
JigPu

What I Use

http://www.seog.de/html/index.php4?...ti&PHPSESSID=a5a21bb2708a1d0931b48f6abd100825

This is the program I use for monitoring all the clients I have running in my truckpatch(not nearly FARM status), it does simply monitoring of the clients and provides quite a bit of info as far as status, data on WU being processed, spikes, etc., times and all that. It is relatively simple to setup. You might want to take a look. Don't be thrown off by the language on the page, down near the bottom you will see the button to download the program. I've attached a screenie of the progress tab on one of my clients for a look see.

SkyHook

JigPu

I run SETIQueue and while it shows some info like how long a current WU has been given out, and it does have good stats on the history of activity I am unaware of it having any real-time monitoring and reporting like percent completed and such, that is why I use and recommend the above mentioned program.

SkyHook

I use MultiSetiMonitor and like it quite a bit:

SetiDriver, the CLC to crunch and MultiSetiMon is how I track current status of each pc: it can show how many wu are queued up on each pc, current percent complete and reports estimated time. It also shows if a pc has a problem with a wu: icon turns red. That and VNC to check the remote pcs out, and I dont have to actually touch the network rigs unless I feel like breaking something.......

I use SETI Pro and it works well for me. I use this program along with SETI Spy and SETI Queue.

This program also works without SETI Queue with each machine sending and recieving their own work units.

Oh yes, I had almost forgotten about SETIWatch! That is by far my favorite netowork monitoring program!! And it seems that quite a few programs will create SETIWatch compatible files...

I try out WAY too many SETI monitoring programs for my own good :rolleyes:
JigPu

Back