• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Its Official: another Mobile Cruncher

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogerdugans

Linux challenged Senior, not that it stops me...
I was changing fans on my XP1600 last night, and screwed up: one burnt cpu!
I tried again today- just to be sure- and I definitely have a new keychain:temper:

So my production is going to be down a bit for a while....7 or 8 wu a day from that baby, RIP(s).

But I'm going to move chips around a bit, to see how much I can reclaim: one of the mobos I've been using is an AOpen piece of junk, so putting that cpu in a REAL mobo will help.

So what kind of times are you getting from that new mobile cruncher? Mine hasn't completed a unit yet, but I check everyday :D

TC said:
So what kind of times are you getting from that new mobile cruncher? Mine hasn't completed a unit yet, but I check everyday :D

I tried shoving one in on a floppy a few minutes ago, but I couldn't get it in there!!!:eh?:

I'll have to go wireless I guess.....

It WAS getting wus done in about 3 hours........somehow I think its gonna be a tad slower now.

But it'll go well with the OC.Com badge on my car....;)

Bummer news on the chip! :( I just blew a nice bx board running a celly2 600 at 900. But it gave me the incentive to upgrade my dual duron 1.3s to XP 1900+s! Running them at 2000+ speed right now and am hoping for good stability. :) I was also able to upgrade a duron 800/1000 and buy a refurbed 8kha for the other 1.3. Not a bad round of upgrades. I'm hoping to be able to run the celly2 600 in some capacity on one of my other cheapo slot one bx boards. They both have slot one celly 366s in them (one at 412 and the other at 458).

Cy

TC said:
doesnt something slow like that screw up your wu times? or , if you have alot of other strong machines, does it make up for it, and every little bit counts?:D

Back