• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

have a question about ocin ram and whats ecs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xvi3tsoljahx

I have that
MUSHKIN DDR 512MB PC-2700 - OEMAMD, VIA, ALI, SiS Approved, PC2700 = 333MHz FSB, Rated 2.5-3-3; 6ns DDR333; 6-Layer PCB;
Unbuffered. LifeTime Warranty

What does ECS mean i keep hearing that is it suppose to be faster? does my ram have that? whats Unbuffered ram do?

I have no clue how to oc your ram and what does that help when u oc ur ram? Sorry for asking a noob question, but i never learn about ocing ram =\

Hey man, I just bought that exact same RAM! Where you buy it from? I got mine from newegg.com . I also wanted to know how to OC ram. Can anyone help us out here? Thanks!

ECS is a motherboard company, you might be thinking of ECC, that stands for Error Correction something i forget. your ram does not have this. basicly ECC ram is for servers and stuff where its important that everything is super stable and error-free. non-ecc ram is what you use in normal desktop systems...and it tends to overclock more as i understand it. erm anyway in order to learn how to overclock i suggest the newbie articles on this forum's website. http://www.overclockers.com/topiclist/index04.asp#BEGINNER GUIDES

Back