• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

getting seti not mixed with my other folding proggies

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnnyw

people , I am running the client of www.distributed.net ( the one that tries to crack OGR, RC5, DES and CSC encryption) . The fact is that Ilive the computer cracking overnight but I also have installed seti@home. Moreover ; I would not like the seti program to interfere with the dnetc client as it takes away cpu cycles. Once I turn the seti client off it starts again automatically.
Any suggestions ( not included the possibility of uninstalling seti as I will continue using it)
Johnny Walker ( mailto:[email protected] )
> Geeking around just for the sake of knowledge <
-< Math is like love a simple idea but it can get complicated >-
>Linux is like a wigwam - no windows, no gates, apache inside! <
Do you think OGr is secure? it ain´t secure at all http://stats.distributed.net/ogr-25/psummary.php3?id=388184

Hmmm....perhaps this belongs in the SETI forum? All you will get is a few hundred people recruiting you to folding ;).

David

Without getting into the same old tired debate on which science project is better maybe we can help you figure out why SETI is restarting.

1. Is it in your startup folder?
2. Do you use SETIDriver or some other program that whatches it and restarts when it detects it is not running?
3. Is it set as a service in your OS?

I'm sure others will provide more areas to check. :)

Good luck.

Cy

Back