• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new laptop!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subverb

I finally got around to changing out my current laptop to a Sony SR190CTO (Configured-to-Order) since I was able to take advantage of a great deal they had going with promotions. I got about $500 off directly through Sony and was able to get the lowest price considering what I received. All in all it ran me about $1,500 for everything which is pretty good considering that it would normally be $2,000 had I not received these discounts.

I ordered the laptop, 3 year extended warranty with accidental damage (includes free express shipping to and from for repair), and 2 cases which I will pick from and most likely sell the other.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 (2.53GHz) 6MB L2 Cache
Memory: 4GB DDR2-800 (2GB+2GB)
Hard Drive: 320GB 5,400RPM
Optical Drive: 8X DVD±R DL / DVD±RW / DVD-RAM Drive
Screen: 13.3" WXGA (LED backlight and XBRITE-ECO technology) (1280x800)
Graphics: Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD with Intel Clear Video Technology
Networking: Intel WiFi Link 5100AGN (802.11a/b/g/n) with integrated Bluetooth technology, Ethernet Port
Battery: Extended Battery (3.0-9.0hrs battery life)
Connector Ports: 1x Expresscard/34, 2x USB2.0, 1x Firewire, 1x VGA, 1x Headphone, 1x Microphone, SD/Memory Stick Slot
Operating System: 32-bit Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1
Dimensions: 12.4" x 9.2" x 0.99-1.33"
Weight: 4.14 lbs. (Plus about .4lbs because of the extended battery)
Warranty: 3 Year Extended Warranty with Accidental Damage including FREE Express Shipping to and from including a pre-paid shipping box

I will post up a review and pictures when I get it as this is a new model that Best Buy and such don't even carry in store yet, but only online.

EDIT: I had to re-order because of a problem so I updated the configuration to the T9400 CPU and 4GB of RAM from the original 3GB of RAM and P8600 CPU. They gave me an additional $200 off too minus the cost of the upgrades so it comes out to about $1,440 or so after everything.

Last edited:
Back