• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can winxp be installed on 2 computers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

12am

Hi all, I have 3 computers in my house and I'm wondering if I could install winxp onto all 3 of them? I only ask because I've heard that you can only change hardware 5 times before you have to re buy the software? can anyone sort out this product activation stuff for me?

Your problem is not the product activation but the fact that the EULA (End User Licence Agreement) for Windows XP actually forbids you from doing what you wish,... The only legal way around this situation is to buy additional licences from Microsoft or a Corporate Version of XP which has the appropiate licence.

I Do believe if you have only 1 license you can only install it on one computer legally......

looks like menace beat to the send button.......

do you mean install it

then remove it

and move on to another computer?

i think you can do that but dont quote me on that im not an expert

Crash893 said:
do you mean install it

then remove it

and move on to another computer?

i think you can do that but dont quote me on that im not an expert

You can do that. You can only have one instance of a single Product Key on an active installation at any given time. This means that if you want to install it on a second computer, you must uninstall windows from the first computer. As previousely noted, you either need to buy multiple licenses, or a volume license.

yes its called pirateing and its not only unethicall but also becoming increasingly illgeal

12am said:
so ethically I couldn't install it on more than one computer but *EDIT*?

Not "ethically".......that's legally.
Discussion of illegal activities will not be tolerated at these forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back