• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which opteron has decent oc yields

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Busty St. Clair

so like the title says which opteron model has decent oc yields. i would like to reach 2.0ghz per cpu. but the higher models are just so outragously priced. i will probably use high end air or decent watercooling.

I do not have an Opteron yet, just you wait... But I have heard that you can expect to oc any chip 500 mhz before you hit a wall which is probably caused from the lack of an AGP/PCI lock on the motherboards.

i wish i could afford the 250 opteron since it has a core update and will run cooler and most likely oc like a fx-53 since it's the same chip. but i cant so i'm thinking of the 242 or 244

theres a new mobile comin out thats supposed to only put out 35 watts of heat I heard, somethin crazy like that. that'll probably oc really well

are you sure there's going to be a mobile opteron. that seems kind of odd since it's a server chip. unless there going to have a dual opteron laptop which is unlikely but anyways some has to have had a decent oc yeild with an opteron

there will be 35 watt 2** series opterons mainly at lower speeds at first.
do the dual nforce 3 250 gb not have a functonal pci lock or are they unavailibel still?

I believe it is in AMD's plans to make low heat Opterons for blade server setups. Maybe that's when the 0.09 cores come around.

Hopefully someone will make 1 socket Opteron boards with the nf3 250 chipset, or companies will do BIOS updates for the nf3 150 boards with the AGP lock.

Back