• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TOO many antecs....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Popular because of the good air flow, solid build, lotsa room inside and good looks all at a affordable price. Ive had mine since Feb. and like it so much I bought a second one a couple months ago.

They're a good case, but personally I'm absolutely sick of them.

It doesn't help when newbies ask what they should do and most people just suggest Antec/Chieftec/whatever cases with a window & some rounded cables.

I'd almost say they're trendy ;)

I ran a topic on this subject a couple of weeks ago.

If I don't see another one for a month or so it would be too soon. They are overdone, I think. But I feel so guilty for feeling that way because they are a great case at a very good price.

So I can't blame anyone who lays out their hard earned cash for one. But for me the sheer number of Cheiftecs made it worthwhile to eat ramen for a couple more weeks to get my Cooler Master.

BHD

Hehe I am proud to say that I have no antec....

MyComputerAgain.jpg

Love those Alienware cases...

Nice to see someone else with a smooth, black, Alienware case. Mine is identical except I have the front sound and USB ports, with a few fans in the side. Great case after you take care of the ventilation a bit.

turboalpine

I must admit, I do see alot of these around. I bought one myself about a month ago and since then I've noticed alot of people have them. I think there is a reason for that. They are good cases at good prices. And really, is there anything wrong with that? I guess I'm just too new to have the urge to be different just for the sake of being different. I'm still happy to have a nice quick new machine I made myself. When that wears off maybe I'll buy a Lian-Li. They should be really trendy by then.

Yep, the majority have them. They aren't that expensive, or in other words affordable. They provide good room for extra fans on the panel or the top to expand into 120mm :D. They look extrememly nice when modded. They have alot of good features like rails which wear out the threads in your components.

I love mine ;)

somebody at antec did their homework. Good case at a good price...selling like crazy...sounds like a good business situation to be in.

HI,

AntecRep also try and sort out something for UK customers!!!

Those cases are really expensive here.
I wanted to get the SX1240 which can be found for $135dollars, which converts to £86.
Closest Ive seen in UK for that case is £120, which equals ruffly $190dollars.

Im still trying to find that case at a reasonable price here, but I doubt I will. I'll probably have to go with Lian-Li, as they are cheaper than the case I wanted

IF you do have any decently priced suppliers in UK, please let me know, so I can go out and buy one! If not, do me a favour and sort out free postage, and I'll buy one right now! :)

Ohh yeah, that new case looks real nice,

NismoGTR
:burn:

For the 1240 part of the problem may be that we're going to phase that out.

Not a lot I can do about the pricing, recommended list on our site is 131, http://www.antec-europe.com/en_full_1240.html

However we don't control what our customers charge, so you may want to check around (our where to buy to start).

AntecRep

want to really be different

Don't pay any attention to what other people do and just use the best case for the job. I've had my SX830 for over two years now, and very few people had the case then. Two years later, many others have picked up on what a nice case and superior value it is. Does this reduce the suitibility of the this case for my application? Absolutely not!

To me paying more for a case that you have to mod to make it ventilate as well just because lots of others have Antec/Chieftec's is the silliest thing in the world. I'll replace my case when I see a truly better solution, the rest of the world be damned.

And don't pat Antec on the back too much, as neither they nor Chieftec actually make the cases. They are made by a company called Cheng Ming and sold under the Chieftec and Antec names. Antec did have the good sense to pick a superior case to sell, but they did not design or make it.

I don't have one...yet. As I look around for a silver case with a window, I always go back to the antec from newegg. For the last week or so, I spend about 2 hrs a night looking and comparing cases of different sorts. Resistance is futile I say.

people should get what case they think looks good and will function right for them. They shoudlnt avoid a good case just because someone that lives probably a few thousand miles in many cases (no pun intended) away also has the case. THEY have to stare at the case at least 12 hours a day, (if your on the comp as much as me :rolleyes: ) not you.

just my 2mhz

Back