• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking an Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3 GHz on a GigaByte GA-G31M-ES2L

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BeLO

Hello overclockers !

As I work as software engeener, I'm not well experienced in overclocking hardware :-/, so that I'd like you to advise me about my current configuration.

I read many threads, especially this one (very similar to my configuration) which already helped me a lot to understand the manipulations to do...

As I rebooted my PC (it auto-rebooted one more time) :
OEimyEAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

1. CPU-Z (as Everest also) told me my CPU speed was still 3.0 GHz (instead of the 3.6 GHz expected value) :

CPU.jpg

2. The memory also decreased to 2.8 Gb instead of 3.3 Gb (ProcessExplorer as Windows XP Info window) :

XP.jpg

Some of the modifications (green) I made have been changed (red) by the PC (for they were probably incompatible). Here are the snapshots of my BIOS configuration after the reboot :

BIOS1.jpg

BIOS2.jpg

BIOS3.jpg

Here are the other hardware specifications brought by CPU-Z :

Memory.jpg

Mainboard.jpg

Graphics.jpg

SPD.jpg

I'm sure the solution is quite simple, but I don't have enough knowledge to find it :shrug:

Thank you for your help !!!

Arnaud BeLO.

Last edited:
BeLO, your post got stuck in our spam filter, which I just released. The image you posted was broken, so I removed that from your post. You will need to add that back in.

Yes, indeed...
So I'm gonna pass my images in an OCR :comp:

Then I'll bring only textual information in my next post.

Thanks for your reply !

Back