• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok pcp&c final choice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hunter00

im trying to make my final choice on a new psu (very important decision as i'm sure you'd all agree), andjust want a couple final opinions.

first of all, im assuming that either the 400 silencer or the 425 turbo can handle my comp right? (it'll be asus a7n8x, 2600+, etc. a lot of fans (not big tho, only one monster...so basically what i would consider pretty high load).

the silencer is like 10dB quieter, which is pretty huge, but is it gonna get REALLY hot? i need a psu thats gonna last . . .

I have a new Silencer 400 and an older Turbo Cool 350 from PCP&C. I've only messed around a little with the Silencer (the rig it will be used in is under construction) but I didn't notice a problem with heat. It is notably quieter than the TC350.

Since PCP&C has a five year warranty, I wouldn't worry about durability of either model. And 400w will be more than enough for your system.

BHD

pcp&c can't be beat. too pricey for me though. the 400w sparkle i grabbed does a beautiful job and does it quietly. not to mention for alot less money.

PCP&C 475W is the greatest PSU I have ever had. Far better than the Antec True Power PSUs. True, they are expensive but not that much more then an Antec. Not to mention it is almost like an investment. Comes with a Five-year warranty. Unless standards(meaning ATX) change, this thing will last for a long time so in a way you could even be saving money by preventing the need for future PSU upgrades

I have the 400 Silencer (see sig) and love it. I Fold 24/7, always overvolt and overclock my cpu's, run several case fans, etc, so I work the psu constantly. The air it puts out is as warm as any computer's psu, but not hot.

As for noise, lately I've been on a noise kick, trying to reduce the noise my box makes. I've determined that my PCPC psu is the loudest component in my box. I don't think it's much louder than the average psu though. And if the guys say the other PCPC units are 10 db louder, I guess this is about at quiet as they get.

Back