• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon and nForce2 soon! maybe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

I asked around at a few stores and some of the people who worked there said that some nForce2 boards would come in around the same time that the XP2300+ CPUs hit store shelves.

Now, that had me thinking so I phoned up a buddy of mine kinda who works at this computer import place and he told me that Epox should be shipping there boards at the end of next month.

So so,,,,, well I just wanted to see 400MHz+ FSBs on AMD, thats all ;)

So, the earliest possible date is about the third week into August. Untill then, were just gonna have to do nothin. :)

BTW, AMD missed yet another launch date! :( wow, that is surprising, with the XP2300+ which was supposed to be out the last week of July, guess that aight gonna happen now.

So that pushes everything else back even further and we might not even see the XP2500+ till october now :( :(

DS-Master

400mhz fsbs? seeing how only ddr433 is out i bet the highest we will be seeing is 240 or around there (the stuff is by some unknown brand called geil).

i am gonna get a nforce board when they come out so hope this is true! i want the abit or epox one depending on the features. i would love to run 225fsb with my xms 3200.

damn tired of tis delay crap, My :bday: is on the 5th of august i hope the 2300+ and the nforce 2 asus is out bye then

One thing about when AMD releases faster XPs, they always most definately come with better steppings so we just may see a Thoroughbred stepping capable of delivering 2GHz+ right outa the staic bag without heavy cooling or vmods:D

And eventually, all the lower model XPs begin to get these steppings too! The sooner the XP2300+ comes out, the better.

DS-Master

Emericana said:
400mhz fsbs? seeing how only ddr433 is out i bet the highest we will be seeing is 240 or around there (the stuff is by some unknown brand called geil).

i am gonna get a nforce board when they come out so hope this is true! i want the abit or epox one depending on the features. i would love to run 225fsb with my xms 3200.

I think he means 200Mhz double-pumped. You didn't really expect p4s to have 533Mhz, did you :rolleyes:

Plus cuzza the hypertransport stuff the 400 MHz FSB of an nForce2 will be worth way more than a 200/400 FSB on a current VIA KT266 or 333 board.

--Illah

Back