• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the best air around 150-155mm in height

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

silk186

Registered
I'm building something a little smaller then typical so I can carry it around but still want to oc.

My build:
i5-750
ga-5ppm-ud2
4gb ddr3-1600
ati 5770
cooler master 341

an admin on the cooler master site said it has 160mm clearance so i don't really want to get something that's exactly 160 and have the side panel hitting it all the time. I'm looking for something around 150-155 in height. I looked at the corsair h50 but it runs around $110 here in china. Many coolers are really cheap and I'm overclocking to gain value not lose it. Also I don't really want to buy a sealed system that only has a 2 year warranty and may need to be replaced right after due to low coolant or a non-replaceable pump.

I want something that can maybe push my build to around 3.8 if possible and needs to have a back plate as I don't want to have to worry about it snapping off when i move it around.

SD

i can get:
Thermalright AXP-140 64US$
Scythe Zipang 2 66US$
Deepcool Killer Whale 38US$ copper version
or
ZALMAN CNPS970 LED 39US$

based on the Chinese prices what would you recommend?

Sunbeam Core Contact Freezer is reputed to be 155mm in height. I'd bet that it'd beat any of the others, certainly in price/performance.

based on prices,
killer whale copper looks like your best option.
i had the ordinary version before and it performed almost the same as a true
w/ washer mod and not lapped. (too much trouble to lap it)

just make sure you take into account the mobo and mounting height,
when you say the clearance is 160mm.
even the killer whale is 154mm in height.

Back