• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Test

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madwizard

Registered
I am doing a memory test on a Dell. It has two 128 DDR sticks of ram. I am using Ultimate Boot CD 2.4 for my test. On the first test it took over 4 hours with no errors. I decided to try testing one stick of ram at a time. Each test was over three hours with no errors. I cannot believe a RAM test could be over three hours.

I then thought it the Processor could be bad.( Pentium 4 ). So I swaped out the processor and then went back and ran another RAM test only to get the same results.

Funny how a RAM test can be over three hours.. Very slugish and slow and yet produce no errors..

Anyone with any advice ?

madwizard said:
I am doing a memory test on a Dell. It has two 128 DDR sticks of ram. I am using Ultimate Boot CD 2.4 for my test. On the first test it took over 4 hours with no errors. I decided to try testing one stick of ram at a time. Each test was over three hours with no errors. I cannot believe a RAM test could be over three hours.

I then thought it the Processor could be bad.( Pentium 4 ). So I swaped out the processor and then went back and ran another RAM test only to get the same results.

Funny how a RAM test can be over three hours.. Very slugish and slow and yet produce no errors..

Anyone with any advice ?

What is the problem with the machine?

Memtest86 can take ages to complete because it does lots of different tests. I have seen it take hours before.

The computer runs like it has only 64 Mb. RAM. It has Windows\xp.. Even after three hours of RAM test it has not gone through one pass. I have tested quite a few sticks of RAM and never had to wait over three hours for it to complete one pass.

Back