• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600 xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dr. Strangelove

Some where in middle America counting crows
Just found a thorton in a local shop and was wondering if any body had any experience with it:

AXDA2600 DKV3D
AIXHB 0331

The guy that owns the shop insists it's a Barton and wants 133.00 (retail package). week of manufacture makes it a probable thorton with a 256 cache so maybe I can get him to come down a little (a lot?). So do you think it ought to reach 2.5-2.6 on water? Anybody got a line on a 1700 or 1800 fot an extreme OC?
Thanks

Will he guarantee it is a Barton??? If he will take it home and test it under CpuZ, If it is not take a screen shot of it and take the chip and tell him to test it himself if he does not beleive you, and then request a refund,and get a chip some where else:D

Ich don't think so, it's a week 31 Thoroughbred, see where it says AIXHB, if it were a Thorton, the second letter would be Q.

2600+
DKV3C [133] x 16 = 2133 MHz T-Bred B, Last letter of the code is B or
DKV3D [166] x 12.5 = 2083 MHz T-Bred B, Last letter of the code is B
except if the second letter of the code is Q -- then it's a DKV3D Thorton. or
DKV4D [166] x 11.5 = 1917 MHz Barton, Second letter of the code is Q

http://www.ocforums.com/vb/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=222237

This chip is likely not going to reach anything higher than a $62 2100+ from newegg.

2.6 is extremely rare.
2.5 is reachable with top notch power supply and of course cooling on a 1700+ or 1800+ DLT3C B (not A).

Well you might not find this funny but at least it is unlocked:D

Good point about the Q not being in the stepping,c627627.

you would probably better off, if you need another chip just find an Unlocked 1800 or 1700 of the DLT3C persuasion, most of those will get you above 2500+ speeds with some decent Air cooling.

Heck I have a DUT3C that is doing 2ghz in my Sig and it hardly breaks a sweat:D

Back