• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE HIS HD 7750 GPU Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks like half of the article got lost between the final revision and publication. I've dug up the most recent complete revision and updated the article.

Hopefully we should be sorted now! Apologies for this.

Nice review, Joe.

While reading the Anandtech review of the hardware, it looks to be decent as long as you aren't pushing it at high res or high settings. Then again it looks to be more of an HTPC card as well and not really made for high-end gaming.

At least price/performance wise at around $100 it may fit in a bit better than the 7770 that can't beat a 6850 for the same (or cheaper) price. Although for about the same price the 550ti beats the 7750 in pretty much every benchmark.

Also, it looks like (due to the publishing issue) that the BF3 results weren't included. Also the signature line at the very end is messed up.

Last edited:
I wonder if the card will overclock well or if it may be constrained by the supply from the pci bus instead of having a 6 or 8 pin power connector also.

Well the OC seemed to be constrained by the limits of CCC. So perhaps with a tiny voltage boost you could hit 1ghz? And allow it to perform a lot better?

The card is limited by the power it recieves from the pcie power connector. I found that out through testing mine. If you slap something like an untouchables onto it, I'm sure it could clock to the moon much like the 7970.

7770 and 7750 are cheap and powerful. I'm impressed. I wish I hadn't just built my computer now so I could get a mobo with PCIE 3.0 and one of those cards. Oh well, when the time comes to upgrade in the future I'll have even more powerful choices. :D

I ordered this card this morning to drop into my old Gateway HTPC system. It's running an old Phenom 9650 with 3 gigs of ram and a 2400 pro (ugh) and I'm hoping for it to allow my girl to be able to play Skyrim. Great review, now I have a better idea of what to expect from it.

Looks like you were right about the price being close to $100 - 3 are on newegg, the HIS one you reviewed and an Asus card for $110, and an MSI card with a dual slot cooler for $120. Good price for the numbers it's putting up.

110? That'd be worth it.. Over here the 7770 costs 180.. Which is 10 more than a better performing HD 6870. I can only estimate the HD 7750 to be around 150-160. Ish. Sigh. Our HD7970 Asus Direct Cu II model just came in too.. At 770 dollars. lolwut. ><

I was curious about performance per dollar, so I'll just leave this here...

View attachment 105600

While those numbers are almost always true (low to midrange cards are better performance pier dollar) I'd love to see a graph of cards that are comparable to the 7750 including yesteryear cards like the 6850, etc.

Back