• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gskill Extreme 2GB DDR 500 Not ocing for nothing(need help)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ScarfaceFX

Hello i have tried so many things with this ram and im starting to get mad.i run them at 2.6-2.7v .i tested 250mhz out with memtest and it passed 5 tests of test 5 & 8 .i ran 32m pi and it passed as well.now when i bump it to 260 mhz it all goes to hell and gets errors on the 1st test of everything ,and fails 32m pi.im trying to find my max ram freq using 1:1 .and i know my CPU can do 2.9Ghz maybe more but that was with 2x512 DDR 500 ballistix . any ideas on what i can do ? oh and im using the orange slots by the way .thanx

Sounds like you got the same batch I did. Mine will do 250mhz easy, but won't do 260mhz. I've combed through all the Bios specs and what-not, but haven't found anything that helps. I think it's just a batch that won't o/c.

yea bios ,it seams that way with mine ,im not sure what to do now.i tried everything ,spent days on so many different configurations ,and nothing happens.now im not sure on what ram to get.

what are you looking to get out of them ?? and are you talking getting new ram ? is it really worth the minimal performance your gonna see, or are you a benchy ?

why not just stick it out for AM2, and get some ddr2 1000 or 1066 :D

Yeah, I got mine to be good around 269mhz when running 1:1 but won't go higher than that.

My set pass memtest86 to 275 MHz with 2.6v. If you are having errors, you may need to add some volts to your CPU to get it stable at the frequency you want. I suggest you use memtest86 and try lowering your multiplier to 7 to rule out CPU (make sure you have enough vCore to keep it stable) and retest your memory with memtest86. This way you know what is the highest frequency your memory can take.

I got this ram because I was fedup rma'ing my crucial ballistix and I noticed that when I installed on my asus a8n32 motherboard it would not post so I reset cmos and it posted into bios had to manually set timings to 3,4,4,8 idle 256, 16 and 7 bypass and set to normal dram strength and I uped voltage to 2.75 and I could not get stable 270 on 1:1. then all I did was to decrease voltage to 2.6 and whoalla stable. It seems that this ram likes low voltage. Anyways I could not get it stable up to 280 so I used 183 divider for my overclock and perfectly stable.

Back