• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GFD's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hey i just ordered one off of ebay for 23 bucks + shipping. The people who made them run some overclockers store and actually make them and they work perfectly up to 1050mhz. I got my tbird 900 to a 1000mhz now. Make sure you study on how to open the case perfectly before attempting anything. I found on amdzone.com that they had a good review on how to crack the case. I opened my k7600 classic first and then did it to my 900tbird flawlessly. Make sure you use a good flat head screw driver and dont go crazy ok, just take your time. I stuck the heat sink and fan back on and the cpu is about 3 degrees C cooler.
Let me know what happens

IMHO it doesn't really matter which GFD you have, though you have to see wether it's userfriendly or not. GFD's without the need of external voltage are easyer to use. Small ones are better then big ones, which obstruct airflow in your case.

(some info on a card, also good case cracking links on the first page)

(GFD roundup, what you've been looking for)

Some of these links may not show the most up to date versions of GFD's, but you'll get the idea.
Succes,

Murphy

I've used the Northwind Rev 2.0 on both my 600MHz Classic & 700MHz T-Bird... No dramas here...

Back