• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help getting movies into itunes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

karkas

So I'm in the process of ripping a few of my DVDs to my iphone for when I'm bored while out & about, but I simply can't get the darn thing into itunes.

I've ripped it to appropriate iphone format but when I select file->add file to library nothing happens. No errors, no progress bar, no movie transfer, nothing. I've tried to drag and drop and it gives me the little [+] but when I drop it it vanishes without a trace...

I've even tried manually creating a movies folder in My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music and copying it there just to try and that refuses to do anything either.

I have been doing google searches on this for the past 2 hours and can't find the fix for this problem, despite many people reporting similar issues with music or whatever.:bang head

I'm running 32bit XP & itunes 8.0.2.20 on a 16gig iphone 3G.

I'm sure there is an easy workaround... any ideas? How do you guys add manual content?

are you sure the movies play fine in quicktime? i had a similar issue, turns out they weren't ripped properly because quicktime refused to play them.

if so, somebody said "changing the extension to .3gpp" will make them work. it didn't work for me, but it might work for you. if not, rip them again with a different converter - i ended up using allock mp4 converter.

are you sure the movies play fine in quicktime? i had a similar issue, turns out they weren't ripped properly because quicktime refused to play them.

if so, somebody said "changing the extension to .3gpp" will make them work. it didn't work for me, but it might work for you. if not, rip them again with a different converter - i ended up using allock mp4 converter.

Thanks Wiggy, I tried that last night (different converter) and it worked perfect!

I used thepiratebay vio converter, which converter do you use? I heard vio is mediocre at quality

Back