• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enough room in wave master?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brinnswift

Alright, I've been thinking about watercooling for awhile, the only thing is if i'm going to put 300$ into a system for cooling I really want it to be done right. I have the wave master and it's kind of tight. The pump, res, and waterblock shouldnt be a problem it's just the monsterous rad. I really want to get the Black Ice Xtreme II since that's considered to be the best (atleast what I've heard) and the price is decent. Does anyone with this case or has anyone heard of a way to mount the dual 120mm fans rad on to or into the case without it looking too tacky while also giving optimal performance? Reason being, I've spent a good amount of time on asthetics :)

http://vc-lan.org/host/hddmod/cooling/cooling2.JPG

welp from what iv seen a good place to mount it is on the top of the case if you dont mind dremel, but if you do ~ the back of the case behind the fan is another good place to mount it :)

Yea, I thought about both of those. The back I can't see working because there is only room for an 80mm fan unless there is some exterior way to mount it, which would be quite intresting. For the top, I could see making a mock rad out of wood or something and seeing if it can just physically fit inside of there. But as far as dremeling that's no problem. I just want to make sure it that I'll have something to put in the whole that I'll be cutting into my case. :)

ooo the third link with the 2 x 120mm is sooo tempting me. thanks for the links! the 4th one is nice but the front bezel is terrible for airflow, i wouldn't go that route, plus it forces the hot air to get blown across the motherboard and components.

Last edited:
Back