• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

buffalo pc3700 on Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FattyMcNastyXK

Bambam's soldier
When I search for Buffalo pc3700 ram on newegg. I get 2 listings for the 256 sick. one has /wb on the end of the product # and the other doesn't. Does this mean that one does not have the bh-5 chips on it? I notice the one with the /WB has a limit of 10 per order

hey sam.

That link doesn't have DD466-S256 on its list. So I think I'm just going to get the DD466-S256/WB from newegg. I'll need to get some heatspreaders after my refund on the Geil pc4000 - restock fee and I'll even get some of those ram sinks you made a thread about in the deals forum, if i have enough money.

Many people say that heatspreaders are just for show. I run my Kingston over 3V and they feel lukewarm.

Dunno about buffalo but you should get stick first and then see if the thin slice of metal will do anything.

metra said:
Many people say that heatspreaders are just for show. I run my Kingston over 3V and they feel lukewarm.

Dunno about buffalo but you should get stick first and then see if the thin slice of metal will do anything.

I'm not twisting anybodys arm telling them to use them, I'm just showing my buddy Fatty where to get copper ones cheap. ;)

This seller sells them all the time, he just lists 4 or so per week.

Top Hat Theater said:
MY XMS stick runs super hot at 2.8/2.9v...so hot that the heatspreader is uncomfortable to touch.

~THT

Hey Top Hat, Get some copper heatspreaders from this guy or I'll be forced to twist your arm

I ordered one stick of the DD400-512 and another of the DD400-512/WC a few weeks ago, and it was the same thing. The modules had the /WC on the sticker on both part numbers, and both were CH5.

I ordered some of the DD466-512 without the WB on it, but I'm still waiting on Fed ex to bring the stuff. I expect in similar fashion it will be identical to the /WB number. All of buffalo's modules have underwent a similar name change recently, but I can't see a corresponding change in the modules themselves.

hmm well buffalo doesnt make any non-wb ddr400 chips according to their site that sam linked to

and neitehr do they make non-wb ddr466 sticks in any size 256 or 512, so i think both choices on newehh are safe..

if it helps, i bought the newegg buffalo listing for 3700 512mb without the /wb and i got wb chips...

I bought some 2x512 Buffalo 3700 from newegg a few weeks ago and had to return them because I could not insert them in the slots. I tried them on 4 boards...NO luck! so I rma'ed them back for refund..I have also come across a few people since then with the same problem!

so I bought the new "PIMP RAM PRO" from corsair instead:)

larva,

Did you get the 512 sticks yet? Can you confirm if they are using bh-5 or ch-5 chips? I am planning to order 2 sticks in the next month or so and wanted to get the scoop.

Thanks!

Yep, they are indeed BH5s. I don't know why Buffalo changed their part number (prompting newegg to), the modules are the same as the older /WB part number, at least for now. They bear the same sticker, which has the /WB on the end.

I've got tests in every class this week so I haven't had much time to flog them, but they are only a tiny bit better than the Buffalo 3200 CH5 stuff I was running. I can run the GAT Street Racer and F1 settings now, where SR ran slower than turbo on the CH5 and F1 would not allow windows to load. Neither set really likes the "command per clock cycle" option, and with it turned off F1 proved the best GAT setting.

So currently I'm running GAT on F1 and no CPC. The CH5 ran virtually as fast running GAT on Turbo with CPC on, but I don't think it was 100% stable like that. The BH5's have passed a 12 hour prime95 torture test, and while I didn't run the CH5s that long I don't think they would have made it. Turn the CPC off to insure stability with the CH5 and the BH5's spank them pretty well via the increased GAT level.

Sorry I can't tell you how much clock rate they will take, my cpu is topped at at 190fsb. My goal is to wring as much performance as possible from 380MHz, via the tightest possible timings and a big fat load of GAT. As you can see from the PCMark score in the sig, it is a valid approach. What I wouln't give for a c series chip with an 18 multiplier so I could scale the results up and show the validity of the 1:1-moderate clock rate-tight tight tight timings approach. The realized latency (stemming from both the bios timings and the increased efficiency of PAT-like technologies realized in 1:1 mode) makes it more than a match for the latency-challenged async modes.

wannaoc, it seems that you are having some issues with your memory. What platform (AMD or Intel) are you running them on?

larva, have you had a chance to push your 3700? I know you are on an intel platform and so I am wondering how your results are.

I am planning to use 2 sticks of the 3700 myself with hopes of getting a 2.4c up to 3.2 on a p4p800 motherboard.

It would be interesting to hear more about the experiences you guys are having with this ram. I ordered some from newegg, supposed to be here on Thursday. :)

I ordered (and received) the WB 512mb PC3700 model a couple of weeks back. It runs great at 215FSB in memtest, but my CPU errors in Prime with it, so I have to go back to 200x11.5. This RAM is fully capable of hitting 215FSB on 2.8v from my experience. I tested it ina friend's computer and it runs fine at that speed as well. It's truly great, low priced ram.

ok, so we were all grabbing this stuff up, i'm curious about you guys results. What do you think this ram should do for timings at it's spec speed of 466?

if i could get my board and chip to kick it at 233 then what would my ram timings need to be besides cas3. I'm just curious i havn't had enough time to really test it out. I'm doing 220 now stable but i had to set the timings at 6-2-2-2.5

hm. i will lax up on the timings sometime tonight and see what i can get for timings at a little higher fsb, assuming i can get that. i will L12 mod my chip for 333mhz default if it will help, but from what i see it really helps people more who are stuck at fsb 200 or below. I've made it up to 220mhz by doing nothing.

J.

Back