• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3570k Isn't Running as Hot as Expected

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eerazer

Registered
i just got a 3570k, running at 4.4ghz with idle temps of 32.c, in game load temps of 55.c, and prime 95 temps of 70-75.c.

wanted to clear that up for people who are wondering. obviously not using a stock cooler i am using air, a thermalright silver arrow. nh-d14 will get the same results.

what pish this chip runs hot - hardly.

ok :thup:

You are lucky. what voltage are you outing into it? Mine wasn't prime stable at 4.5 with 1.25v I haven't tried more voltage yet, but was getting temps in the low 80s and that was with ht turned off with my venomous-x

You are lucky. what voltage are you outing into it? Mine wasn't prime stable at 4.5 with 1.25v I haven't tried more voltage yet, but was getting temps in the low 80s and that was with ht turned off with my venomous-x

while running prime, core temp tells me its at 1.179 to 1.185 v

i didn't change anything, i just used the 44x multiplier with everything else on auto.

^ what he said for me in skipping this gen and going to haswell see what this L4 there talking about that helps GPU's

I wonder how much not having HT is helping the temps... We also need ambient temp or the temp measurements are meaningless.

How's the ambient room temp?

It's 8C in Leicester, UK right now according to the weather channel... :rolleyes:

I must have the crappiest 3570K. I need
1.26v for 4.5Ghz
1.33v for 4.6Ghz
1.366v for 4.7Ghz

Back