• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Quickbooks always crashing - qbw32.exe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
This is bad... really bad. My taxes are due in 2 weeks and I haven't been able to invoice anyone. I even restored my machine to July, which I KNOW FOR A FACT it worked then, and still I get the same error.

I tried older backup files too, and still no go.

Here is the ERROR MESSAGE:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: qbw32.exe
Application Version: 19.0.4011.705
Application Timestamp: 4b659982
Fault Module Name: StackHash_5e6a
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb3b
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 000cdcbb
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5e6a
Additional Information 2: 5e6a234423d688f85aab744a611b9e71
Additional Information 3: 3668
Additional Information 4: 3668189ca0611102e52ce1f8af79c420

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

could you load the save file to a different computer and get it off of there?(I don't know quickbooks at all...)

http://ptknova.intuit.com/selfservi...8&stateId=1 0 58744315&msid=MS_PROADVISOR_1_1
See at the bottom, if all that stuff that everyone tried dont work, which it never did, then try and fix Net Framework ???
hating net framework and knowing some of its problems, even updating net framework parts and pieces could have changed something they used in it.

one guy said it was the database File SIZE when in his 64bit system, but worked in his 32 bit system??

i dont really know, but if you already tried the usual re-install, and you know that the program requires Net frameworks pile of wonderment, then it might be why when you retract back, the errors still exist?

Last edited:
Okay... funny, but I just loaded BIOS defaults and it's working now. I wasn't overclocked, but could be memory related.

Thank GOD I finally got the answer!!!

Too bad I wasted all this time restoring to an older date... now I have to get back up to par. It's still okay, though... that takes a ton of stress off of me!!

Thanks for the help. I did read up a ton about the NET framework as well.

I just loaded BIOS defaults and it's working now.

jeez , you could have got that answer from the IT department :D

I'm thinking that either the file you have your taxes in has become corrupt or Windows has become more corrupt than what System Restore can bail you out of. A third (remote) possibility is that you need to run quickbooks in compatibility mode under windows.

Try creating a whole new tax return, make it real simple, save it, then restart your computer and try opening it again. If this works it would indicate your old tax file has become corrupt.

You can also try contacting quickbooks tech support

If you become extremely desperate and are willing to do anything to save your data then try this: Save the tax file to a thumb drive/CR-R/whatever and then make a full backup copy of your hard drive using a disk imaging program such as 'Acronis True Image' or 'Norton Ghost' You will need to save it to a different hard drive, such as an external drive or another computer connected by a network. Be sure to check the 'Validate Archive' option. You can download a free version of disk imaging software by visiting the web site of the drive manufacturer, most of them use a customized version of Acronis True Image. Then reinstall Windows and reinstall Quickbooks, don't bother with doing any windows updates, you will not need them. Then open the tax file from your thumb drive/ CD-R/whatever. Then you can use your image backup to restore your computer.

And be very sure your version of windows is compatible with your version of Quikbooks
It's a lengthy process but at least this way you will be sure you have done everything to save it.

I just loaded BIOS defaults and it's working now.

jeez , you could have got that answer from the IT department :D
LOL... the simplest solutions are always overlooked.
But seriously when you think about it, there are hundreds of "simple" solutions out there, so getting through all of them isn't so simple.
I'm thinking that either the file you have your taxes in has become corrupt or Windows has become more corrupt than what System Restore can bail you out of. A third (remote) possibility is that you need to run quickbooks in compatibility mode under windows.

Try creating a whole new tax return, make it real simple, save it, then restart your computer and try opening it again. If this works it would indicate your old tax file has become corrupt.

You can also try contacting quickbooks tech support

If you become extremely desperate and are willing to do anything to save your data then try this: Save the tax file to a thumb drive/CR-R/whatever and then make a full backup copy of your hard drive using a disk imaging program such as 'Acronis True Image' or 'Norton Ghost' You will need to save it to a different hard drive, such as an external drive or another computer connected by a network. Be sure to check the 'Validate Archive' option. You can download a free version of disk imaging software by visiting the web site of the drive manufacturer, most of them use a customized version of Acronis True Image. Then reinstall Windows and reinstall Quickbooks, don't bother with doing any windows updates, you will not need them. Then open the tax file from your thumb drive/ CD-R/whatever. Then you can use your image backup to restore your computer.

And be very sure your version of windows is compatible with your version of Quikbooks
It's a lengthy process but at least this way you will be sure you have done everything to save it.

Right now it seems to be working fine (THANK GOD). It's a good thing I keep acronis backups. I always had system restore off b/c I run a 30GB SSD, but I re-enabled system restore and won't ever disable it on an important computer again (unless I have some serious scheduled imaging software running, which I don't have mine on a scheduler).

Thanks guys! Good to go for now.

To solve the QB Problems with qbw32.exe erroer messages
or InetClnt.dll,
I found after 5 hours this solution.
In the folder of Your QB Installation, normally on Drive C, You look for a folder PCConfig. Click on it. It will install QB in the QB folder again. It makes a new entry on Your desktop. Click on it and QB opens and works. No data are lost, All Your accounts and so on are there, same like after Your last succesful bookings.
Good Luck.

I'm back at QB 2009 crashing again... unreal. I did a super cleanup and uninstall of it and then reinstalled, still nothing. I restored an Acronis image to 4 weeks ago 08/07/11, no luck. After that, I also did a system restore to 08/02/11 and still, no luck!!!

AHHHHHH... QuickBooks is a true pain man!!

Code:
Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	qbw32.exe
  Application Version:	19.0.4012.705
  Application Timestamp:	4c8fcd8e
  Fault Module Name:	StackHash_5595
  Fault Module Version:	6.1.7600.16385
  Fault Module Timestamp:	4a5bdb3b
  Exception Code:	c0000374
  Exception Offset:	000cdcbb
  OS Version:	6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
  Locale ID:	1033
  Additional Information 1:	5595
  Additional Information 2:	559558afe41351059d7279ac2f43c0c8
  Additional Information 3:	e959
  Additional Information 4:	e959a8c1ddf9f49dab2e7554cfa6f369

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Back